Refueling in the Backcountry
Lets first talk about fuel. Running out of gas is gut wrenching. Especially in the wilderness. Times when you are in the middle of nowhere on an dirt road with no service, and not a single other vehicle in sight. When that gas light pops on you start to think "How far can we make it?" or "Do we need to turn around and try to make it to that last gas station?" To save yourself and passengers from the headache of running out of gas. Have some peace of mind with a spare gas can. I suggest carrying at least 20L/5Gal. That amount extra fuel can get you up to another 100 miles.
The Wavian 20L Gas Can is amazing. I have used other metal NATO style jerry gas cans in the past and non compare to this. UDOT approved in all 50 states. Usually, I will fill it up before I go on a trip and after I am home I will pour it in my gas tank to ensure I don't have the spare gas sitting too long.
The install on the Gas Can was a breeze. I used the Wavian Gas Can Mount and bolted it to my rear door. The mount is heavy duty and the gas can stays firmly in place. You can literally mount this anywhere from roof racks, truck beds or rear van doors. The gas can fits inside the mount snug so it does not bounce around on bumpy dirt roads. Completely leak proof in any position. Below are some photos and specs on the products. Contact Us with any questions.
- Made out of 0.9mm cold-rolled steel.
- Unique wide channel breather and smooth pouring spout.
- Lined to prevent rusting with gasoline, water, and alcohol resistant coating.
- The cap has a locking pin (international patent) to ensure it cannot be opened accidentally.
- The bayonet closure is completely leak-proof with the can in any position.
- Three-handle configuration for easy grabbing and carrying of multiple cans.
- Manufactured and tested to comply with Australian Standards – AS2906, Swedish Standards – SP, German Standards – TUV/GS, and UN Dangerous Goods.
- EPA and CARB certified, built to ASMT, NFPA, and DOT standards.
- OSHA compliant.
- Approved and fully legal for sale in all 50 states.
- Works on most gasoline vehicles.
- Works on most diesel and equipment tanks.
- Fast flow rate.
Mount Specs: Weighs 7lbs. Measures 20" high, 14" wide and 6 3/4" deep.